The summer is whizzing by and before I know it, it'll be time to head to Pleasanton, CA for the ZNE ConvenZioNE 2008. I've been asked to help out with some of the hosting/emcee duties on August 21-24 and you have no idea how excited I am to be a part of this fabulous event, especially for it's first year. This 3-day event promises to be jam packed with creative festivities, an amazing roster of guests (including the inspiring SARK), a film screening (1,000 Journals), and some sweet tunes by musician Jon Troast (one of the newest additions to my music library and someone I'm really looking forward to seeing perform live!) It's going to be an extraordinary weekend and I encourage all of you who are interested to join us! You can peruse a full rundown of all the creative happenings that will be taking place at the event, below. Check it out and take action my friends, because at the bottom of the rundown, there's a link that takes you right to the ZNE site for all the details on how to register as well as the opportunity for a chance to win the "FREE ConvenZioNE Spending Spree". Good Luck & I look forward to seeing you there!
- "For our first year event, we will have a fun registration and lunch on Friday August 22. Afterwards, we will adjourn to attend Bella Galleria, a very special Gallery and Boutique walk in downtown Pleasanton - complete with gift certificates, special receptions, book signings, and more. That evening we will all meet again at the Amador Theatre for The ZNE ConvenZioNE Show - a very special evening hosted by Michele Beschen, creator of the series B. Original for DIY Network and HGTV, with a program that will include songs, special presentations, and a screening of the documentary - 1,000 Journals.
- On Saturday August 23rd, we will start our day with a light breakfast and inspirational keynote by the incredible artisan and motivational speaker/writer - SARK. Following breakfast, registrants will have the option of attending either one full day or two half day workshops with an extraordinary array of workshop leaders. That night, everyone will gather for a delightful meal at the Blue Agave Club in downtown Pleasanton.
- On Sunday, August 24, we will have a day long sales event - Art Paperie and Pleasantries- with 30+ hand selected artists, craftspersons, and purveyers of vintage goodies and fine art supplies. All event registrants will be invited to attend a special VIP Admission Hour prior to the general public, and during which time all vendors will offer all their items for a minimum of 10% off the regular sales prices.
- We are also very excited to announce that the incredible folk-rock singer Jon Troast will be our musician in residence during the entirety of ZNE ConvenZioNE 2008. He will be providing a lovely live music backdrop during our opening luncheon, and group dinner on Saturday night - as well as performing selected songs during the ZNE ConvenZioNE Show on Friday and at Art, Paperie and Pleasantries on Sunday. Wow!
- Join us for an inaugural ZNE ConvenZioNE event that will set the pace and energy for all of our events to come. Be a part of ZNE history in the making, by registering for the 2008 event today!"
To score the skinny on the "FREE ConvenZioNE Spending Spree", click here: www.znecon.citymax.com/FreeRegistration
Deadline to enter: August 15, 2008