I've always enjoyed creating games. It just naturally makes the project that much more playful. Thought I'd share one that I created several years ago so all of you could have some fun with it, too! Having an arsenal of yard games at your disposal makes your outdoor parties that much more ENTERTAINING.
OVERSIZED PICKUP STICKS:
(You can adjust to make various sizes simply by using different dowel diameters and lengths....A small scale set out of bamboo skewers is another option!)
- For my set, I used 36" wooden dowels that are a quarter-inch in diameter.
- You’ll need 30 for a full set.
- Sand down the ends so they taper to a blunt point. If you have access to a bench sander, it will make the job even easier. Another option is to simply whittle down the end first to shape and then hand sand.
- Measure up about 8 inches on each end and paint them in the appropriate colors. To define the painted ends, go around the dowel with a woodburner.
- For the storage container, I took a piece of heavy cardboard tubing, capped off the bottom with a piece of wood and decked out with visible scoring info and a playful comic strip collage!
Easy and FUN!
Cheers, and as I like to say with all game projects... "Let the Games Begin!"